A graduate of the geological mapping specialization achieve the most
important skills and essential qualifications in the production of
geological maps, design and logistics of geological project in
prospecting for mineral deposits.
The curriculum pays special attention to geodetic base of geological mapping, advanced geomorphological analysis and subsurface structure as well as related computer techniques. Legal aspects of geological activities and environmental protection projects are discussed.
The Environmental Engineering study programme introduces the student
into modern scientific and technical advancements that enable to solve
the crucial problems of this field.
A graduate of the environmental engineering has skills required to solve problems related to environmental policies and energetic economy of the country, application of geochemical analysis and modeling of petroleum and natural gas generation processes as the tools applied in exploration for hydrocarbons. natural gas searching, towns development, village typology taking into account biodiversity, geodiveristy and ecodiversity.
The Petroleum Geochemistry Laboratory has the latest equipment:
- Mass spectrometry Finnigan Delta Plus – to measure stable isotopes : carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen in natural gas, petroleum and other organic matter.
- Elemental analyzer Carlo Erba EA1108 – to measure elemental composition (C, H, N, O and S) in petroleum, carbon and other fossil organic matter.
- Gas chromatograph Chrom 5, Hewlett Packard 5890 Series II, Agilent with detector FID i TCD to measure elemental composition natural and refinery gas.
- Gas chromatograph Hewlett Packard 5890A series II with detectors FID and FPD to analyse composition of the saturated C15 +hydrocarbons and isoprenoids and sulfur compound.
- Gas chromatograph Agilent 7890A with mass detector Agilent 5975C (GC-MS) with capillary columns and computer program.
- Rock-Eval II and Rock-Eval 6.
- SOXTEC Extractors Avanti 2055 for fast solvent extraction.
- Computer software Basin-Mod TM – for modeling of petroleum generation process in sedimentary basin.
- Equipment for samples preparation to isotope and pyrolitic analysis.